1711 Landrake Rd
Towson, MD 21204
Calling All De-Clutterers!
Start your spring cleaning at our annual Dumpster Day! Baltimore County will again provide RRLRAIA with dumpsters for disposal of your bulk trash items. The dumpsters will be located in the parking lot nearest to the tennis courts at Riderwood Elementary School. The following items will NOT be accepted:
– Large stumps or wood/logs in excess of 8” in diameter or 6’ long
– Flammable/hazardous materials/liquids, paint, pesticides
– Tires or any appliances
– A Goodwill truck will accept donations of used clothing, toys, furniture (no upholstered furniture) and operational household items.
– The Loading Dock, a non-profit building material re-use center, will collect useable home construction items (such as lighting fixtures, doors, flooring, plumbing fixtures, cabinets, etc.) until noon or until the truck is full. Check out acceptable new and used building materials at http://loadingdock.org/donate_materials/index.html#acceptable or call 410-558-3625, ext.17.
– Defenders of Animal Rights (a no-kill animal shelter in northern Baltimore County) would love items including dog and cat food, treats, collars, leashes, bowls and travel carriers, along with clean new or used sheets, blankets and towels. Former Board member Anne Rouse has again volunteered to collect the donations and deliver them to the shelter.
– Planet Aid will return again this year. Planet Aid is a non-profit organization that supports sustainable development in impoverished communities around the world and will accept clothing in any condition, so drop off your unwanted clothes and shoes, even if they are torn or have stains. They will not end up in a landfill!
To volunteer for this event, please contact our office at 410-494-7757 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers should bring a pair of work gloves.
Saturday, April 8
8:30a to Noon
Rain or shine
Riderwood Elementary School
1711 Landrake Rd.
Towson, MD 21204